Personal Data Privacy and Protection Policy
2. About Us
3. Types of Information Collected
3.1. We collect three basic types of information; (1) personal information, (2) anonymous information, and (3) aggregate information.
3.2. For example, we collect:
- 3.2.1. Registration information you provide when you create an account, register for newsletters, or request support, such as your first name and surname, company name, country of residence, email address, username, and password;
- 3.2.2. Transaction information you provide when you request information, request support, or purchase a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- 3.2.3. Information you provide in community forums on our sites and apps, such as your public posts, comments, search terms, votes and questions;
- 3.2.4. Digital product tracking information, such as your user name, date and time of download, frequency of downloads and IP address;
- 3.2.5 Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences;
- 3.2.6. Usage, viewing history, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, and IP address.
4. How Information is Collected
4.1. We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services, or information from us, register with us, participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
4.2. We collect information through a variety of technologies, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, including when you visit our sites and applications.
4.3. We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications.
4.4. We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided, or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable laws may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
5. How Information is Used
5.1. Norton Global, LLC is the data controller for your information and is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- 5.1.1. Provide you with the products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- 5.1.2. Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- 5.1.3. Send you offers and promotions for our products and services;
- 5.1.4. Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools;
- 5.1.5. Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
6. Sharing Information with Other Entities
6.1. We will not share your personal information with a third party except in limited circumstances, including:
- 6.1.1. Passing your billing information to online payment processors that you select when making a purchase;
- 6.1.2. When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery, marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law;
6.2. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
7. Controls and Choices
7.1. We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- 7.1.1. Correcting and updating your registration account;
- 7.1.2. Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- 7.1.3. Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
7.2. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please submit a Data Privacy Support Request.
8. Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
8.1. The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect customer information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Comments or Questions